On September 10, 2020, the Senate failed to pass the Delivering Immediate Relief to America’s Families, Schools and Small Businesses Act. This bill was described as a targeted proposal, and included...
The IRS has warned taxpayers who have not yet filed their 2019 tax returns that higher penalties will be imposed if they file after September 14. Taxpayers who submitted an extension of time to file t...
The IRS has announced that it is temporarily allowing the use of digital signatures on certain forms that normally require a handwritten signature. The following forms can be submitted with digital ...
The IRS had announced that it would temporarily allow the use of digital signatures on certain forms that cannot be filed electronically; the Service has now added several additional forms to that...
The IRS has temporarily suspended the mailing of three notices—CP501, CP503, and CP504—to taxpayers who have a balance due on their taxes. The IRS is taking this step to avoid confusion for taxpay...
The IRS announced the launch of the Bi-Partisan Budget Act (BBA) Centralized Partnership Audit Regime website. The website intends to be a one-stop location for anything BBA-related including regulat...
The IRS will be providing Form 1040 in Spanish for the first time as part of a larger effort to reach underserved communities. The IRS’s newly expanded multilingual initiative is a key part of helpi...
The Michigan Department of Treasury has announced that there are no certified education foundations for tax year 2020 for purposes of the Michigan business tax credit for contributions to education fo...
March 24, 2020
SERVICE CHANGES: Schlaupitz Madhavan offices are closed through Monday, April 13 – offices to re-open on Tuesday, April 14 – not accepting drop-offs during period of closure
Dear Clients and Friends,
On March 23, Governor Whitmer announced the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order 2020-21 that closed more nonessential businesses. Under U.S. Department of Homeland Security essential critical worker classifications, certain of our services qualify as essential critical infrastructure workplaces including our client payroll service. As a result, we have implemented the following changes during this very difficult time:
- Our offices are closed and will re-open on Tuesday, April 14.
- Our team members continue to work from their home offices. Contact them via phone or email.
- Tax services:
- Mail or email your documents to our office. We are not accepting drop-off’s or pick-up of documents during this period of closure. We will have someone at each office to receive incoming mail during this period of closure.
- Your tax returns will be sent to you electronically as we are not able to provide you with paper copies of your tax returns at this time. You will also need to return all e-file authorizations electronically.
- The tax filing and tax payment deadlines of April 15 have been extended three months to July 15. Some of our tax work will be spread out and rescheduled to be completed after April 15 as a result of these difficult times.
- Payroll services:
- Provide your payroll information to your payroll accountant by email, if possible. We will continue to receive payroll information by FedEx, UPS or regular mail also.
- Your payrolls will be processed as regularly scheduled and your payroll accountant will let you know if there are any changes that result.
- Accounting, auditing and consulting services:
- Our team members are continuing to work from their home offices while our offices are closed. They will communicate with you to coordinate receipt of necessary information and delivery of financial reports and other documents that are required.
- Financial reports and other documents will be delivered electronically during this period.
This is a time where everyone needs to and has come together to take care of their families and their professional responsibilities as much as possible. We are grateful to all of our team members, our clients and our vendors for all that everyone is doing to work together, figure this out and stay safe.
President, Managing Director
Schlaupitz Madhavan, P.C